Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Walk of Shame


ALL NAMES AND REFERENCES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THOSE... RESPONSIBLE hahahhaha (JK!)
So.. I'm not perfect. I make dumb choices, decisions, and sometimes create situations in which I only further complicate my life...PHEW, thats out of the way.. With that preface, this is probably my biggest stupid ass moment.. Being young and dumb isn't always what it's chalked up to be... September of '06, I'm 19, and at this point, really didn't have much concern for boyfriends or the relationships pertaining to boyfriends.. Why all the sudden did that change!!??? WHY?!?!
So... I meet a guy, we'll just call him "dumb fucker" or DF for short. DF and I meet while I'm on a boating trip with my friend and her entire family. I was feeling a little out of place, or shy because I only knew one of them and in all truth, there really wasn't room for me on their boat full of kids, so I stayed behind on the beach with my friend's husband who was sleeping in the trailer. A couple hours after sneakily CHUGGING 5 or 6 of the "Purple Passion" drinks, I was beginning to run out of "solo beach activities", given that I was low on oil and the weekend had only just begun. Plus it was hot... I was about ready to retreat to the trailer when a boat came around the bend. I had known DF was going to be there, just not at our camp. They beached the boat and came up on shore. DF walked in the trailer where "the husband" was awake. We hadn't really exchanged words yet, I was sitting on a chair outside the trailer door looking the other way. I heard them talking, then my friend's hubby walked out the door and sat by me.. It was about five minutes before DF emerged. Do you know the saying "don't judge a book by it's cover"? Well I was really trying. How about the saying "you can tell a lot about a person by the first words they say"? Well DF emerged from the trailer somewhat fanning his ass. The words that came out of his mouth were "geeeezzz-USS!!! don't go in there WHHEEEEEEW". I smiled, but secretly was embarrassed at myself for some reason. I was forced to laugh a little, but my sympathy laughter came to an abrupt halt when I saw the concern on my friends husbands face-who apparently had caught the fact that the fan wasn't going...
I left the camp with them, the boat looked nice at this point, and the Half Gallon of Jager looked even better... We had a really good time actually. Nice crowd, fun people, and surprise- I was drunk. The next day I walked the 15 minute walk down the beach to my friend's camp.. I was innocent, but everyone looked at me with a smirk on their face... The whole way back i couldnt quit thinking "walk of shame" and later patented the saying. This walk will be forever the original "walk of shame"
I ended up staying mostly over at DF's camp, and at the end of the weekend, we exchanged numbers and that was that.. A year and a half later my mistake ended. Actually it had been over for much longer than that.
Not all was bad, but I'm glad it happened... and I'm glad it ended... for me--

2 comments:

  1. Zzzzzzz.....update your blog. I'm bored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stories! You have a way of writing that can make me read for pages and pages.... p.s. It's sad that we are reduced to communication over blog! dinner soon....

    ReplyDelete